Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello, goodbye...

...and Hello again.


I have been remiss in my blogger duties-my apologies.  Periodically life will throw us a few more balls to juggle, and our focus shifts to make sure they stay in the air.  Our hands frantically move to and fro, in a game of catch-and-release, wondering when we can let the balls fall where they may.  I say anytime you want!  My balls have dropped (tee-hee!) and they will stop where they will.  There will be another ball or five to take it's place--such is life.  


Tonight I watched the final episode of a "guilty pleasure" television series I grew fond of, as it reminded me a great deal of my youth.  I am one of those people.  You know, the people who cry during sappy commercials and movies.  And yes, I cry at every single series finale I watch.  There is a sense of finality and goodbye to them, as you part ways with friends you saw weekly and connected with over a period of months or even years.  They accepted you as you were, and never cared if your hair was a mess, there was a stain on your shirt.  Never mind the fact that you never actually met these friends.  Letting go is tough, regardless of what you are letting go of.  There is a mourning process to work through until acceptance sets in.


As I sat sniffling tonight, yet smiling all the same as my "friends" said their goodbyes on the television, I remembered something I had not even realized I had forgotten.  Goodbyes are sad, and change can be scary.  We have to let go, though, in order for something wonderful to come into our lives!  And something will come into our lives.  Amazing things are born from tragedy, loss, and change; we just have to be open to possibility.  The Law of Polarity states that without dark, there can be no light.  In the same vein, without loss, there is no gratitude and growth.  We have to give in order to get.  


There is a song lyric that gives testament:  "You don't know what you've got, 'til it's gone..."


Always be in gratitude.  Always be open to possibility.  Amazing things happen every day.  You just have to be open to it.


Live fearlessly, everyone.  Life is too brief to always play it safe.


Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment